There are two blogging websites which are very popular amongst bloggers. One being WordPress and one being Blogger. Both have their own pros and cons. Each of them brings something different to the table. But when you are a blogger there is always one question you hover over, that is “Which platform is the best for you?”
The following are some points which will help you decide which platform is the best for you?
Website Designers in Jogeshwari, Website Designer in Jogeshwari, Website Development Company in Jogeshwari, Website Development Companies in Jogeshwari, Website Designing Company in Jogeshwari, Web Designing Company in Jogeshwari, Website Developers in Jogeshwari, Web Designer in Jogeshwari, Web Designers in Jogeshwari
In Terms of “Ownership”
- While using WordPress, you use a WordPress hosting provider to host your own site.
- You are free to decide how long you want to run it, they provide you with different plans according to your needs.
- You own and control all the data, it is up to you to decide what information you share with others or any third party.
- Blogger is a blogging service provided by Google.
- It is free, reliable most of the time, and both efficient and sufficient enough to publish your content on the web. The only drawback is that it is not owned by you.
- Google runs this service and has the right to shut it down, or shut down your access to it at any time.
In Terms Of “Control”
- WordPress is an open source software you can easily extend it and add new features to it.
- There are thousands of WordPress plugins that allow you to modify and extend the default features set.
- Blogger is a good platform but with very limited tools that allow you to perform only specific tasks on your website.
- The things that you can do on your Blogspot blog are quite limited, and there is no way you can extend them to meet your required needs.
In Terms of “Appearance”
- You can use thousands of free and premium themes while using WordPress for your Website.
- There is a WordPress theme for just about every kind of website. No matter what your site is about, you will find plenty of high-quality themes which are easy to modify and customize.
- By default, you only get limited set of templates when you are using Blogger.
- You can modify the colors and layout of these templates using the built-in tools, but you cannot create your own layouts.
In Terms of “Security”
- WordPress is pretty secure, but you are responsible for security and backups as it is a self-hosted solution.
- You don’t have to worry so much about this problem as WordPress has plenty of plugins which makes you work easier.
- You have the added advantage of Google’s secure platform which is robust. When you opt for blogger.
- You don’t have to worry about managing your data on servers, securing your blog, or creating backups.
In Terms of “Future”
- WordPress has a very active community support system.
- WordPress has online documentation, community forums, and chat rooms where experienced WordPress users and developers can help you regarding your issues.
- Apart from this, there are many companies offering premium support for WordPress that makes it a good option.
- Blogger has a limited support that is available so it may sometimes be a bit problematic.
- Blogger has very basic documentation and a user’s forum.
So these are the things that you must keep in mind while choosing your platform. It all comes down to what business you own and what profession you have? If you have a business, WordPress is an ideal platform for you as it provides many features and premium plans for your website. There are many website developers that can help you with Developing your WordPress website.