Responsive design is the “big thing” for web design right now. But if you’re not a model, you might be curious what this term means. You may also be unsure whether or not the website of the organization will incorporate responsive design, particularly if you do not understand the concept.
The responsive layout will help you solve a lot of problems on your website. It will make the page mobile-friendly, improve the way this appears on smartphones with both large and small screens, and increase the number of time visitors spent on your site. It can also help you improve your search engine rankings.
Read on to find out why responsive design is so important to your company’s website, and also read the responsive design pros and cons you should know about before you invest in a redesign.
If you would like to speak to an Internet Marketing Specialist, you can reach us at +91 9987053623.
What is responsive design?
First, here’s a quick explanation for the responsive design and how it works. Essentially, responsive design is a way to create a website in such a way that it automatically scales its contents and elements to match the size of the screen on which it is viewed. It keeps images from being larger than the width of the screen, and prevents users on mobile devices from doing extra work to read your content.
The ultimate goal of responsive layout is to avoid unnecessary re-sizing, floating, zooming, and panning which happens for pages that have not been adapted with different devices.It is often very difficult to navigate these sites, and it may even cost you potential customers who are frustrated by trying to figure out how to do something.
Responsive website design often removes the former need for smartphone users to build a dedicated mobile website. Today, instead of creating multiple websites with different screen sizes, you could build only one website that scales up or down dynamically to suit the computer you’re watching.
Why do you want to invest in responsive design?
We’re living in a multi-screen society. That’s why it’s crucial for your page to be viewable across as many devices as possible, because you never know which computer someone will be using to reach your website.
Responsive website statistics suggest that it is wise to appeal to both desktop and mobile viewers. The number of mobile viewers now exceeds the number of desktop viewers, and this number will only continue to rise as global smartphone accessibility increases.
In fact, Google revealed in early 2015 that mobile-friendliness would become a pioneer in its search engine algorithms. This indicated that pages that were web-friendly would potentially lose any ground in search engine results because they would not be delivering good content for smartphone searchers or audiences.
For short, the advantages of using a responsive design for your website include:
- Cost effectiveness
- Improved user experience
- Search engine optimization gains
- Ease of management
Let’s have an in-depth look at each of these 5 advantages so you can know a little more about why you should invest in a sensitive website.
- COST EFFECTIVENESS– Maintaining separate sites for your mobile and non-mobile audiences may be costly. Using responsive design, you can save money by eliminating the cost of paying for a mobile site. You will only need to invest in a single site design that appeals to all visitors and devices.
- FLEXIBILITY – If you have a responsive design website, you can make changes quickly and easily. You don’t need to worry about making changes to two websites. This flexibility is a huge advantage when you’re just trying to make a quick design tweak or fix a typo on your site — you just have to do it once.
- IMPROVED USER EXPERIENCE – User experience is important to website owners. You want people to love your site, and you want it to be easy to use to convince them to come back. If someone visits your website on a mobile device and it takes forever to load or if your photos do not have the correct resolution, your company may seem unprofessional.
No one wants to do business with a company that’s unprofessional. Yet responsive development, which provides a much better user experience, will help to convince people to give the business a chance. Because zooming and scrolling will be eliminated, content can be viewed more quickly, and the overall impression of visitors will be much more positive.
- SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION GAINS– Search Engine Optimization, or SEO, is a strategy used by many companies to help boost Google’s search page rankings. The closer you are to the top, the better the chance that potential customers will find you.
Responsive layout can help with SEO because Google, as described above, gives priority to mobile-friendly websites. In combination with other SEO factors, responsiveness can help to boost the results of the search engine.
- EASE OF MANAGEMENT – Most businesses, especially smaller ones, do not have a lot of time to update or refresh the way their website looks. But instead of having to hire a developer to manage any part of your website, responsive design allows you to make improvements yourself, quickly and easily.
In fact, with just one platform, the other aspects of your advertising will be much easier to manage. You will never have to wonder whether you should link a mobile or desktop site to a social media update, or whether or not all of your redirect links will work to get the right visitors to the right site. Responsiveness takes a lot of pressure out of running a business website.
Is responsive design overrated?
Of course, no marketing method or layout is perfect, and adaptive design is no exception. There are a few issues with responsive design, including:
- Not every page looks pretty good on every screen
- You may want to offer different things to different users, depending on the device they use, and this may be a little difficult on responsive websites.
- You might have trouble with resized commercials and banner ads
- It may be hard for you to build a compliant website that is different and relevant to your branding.
Now, there are drawbacks to every kind of layout, not just responsive design. The overwhelming majority of responsive web statistics reinforce the idea that this is the best approach.
For example, 61 percent of mobile users claim they would quit your website automatically if they can’t find what they’re searching for, or if your website doesn’t load the data. But, whatever the pitfalls, responsive layout is what the overwhelming majority of Internet users want, because it allows the mobile browsing experience so much simpler.
Embrace the responsive design of your website
When responsive website success stories don’t persuade you to change the way you model them, let the cost and time savings reassure you. Responsive layout is an important part of any modern web strategy — and it should also be part of yours.
contact innovins for responsive website design to Learn more about the cost of a new design, as well as some additional benefits that we did not cover in this article. You’re also more than welcome to contact Innovins development experts to get a quick, fully customized quote that will make your page sensitive!
Thank you so much for reading!
If you are searching for some professional assistance when it comes to making your website accessible, INNOVINS will support it. We provide comprehensive web design and development products, with more than 1000 sites released.
Do you have a website development and website design requirement or mobile application development requirement? Contact Innovins, as we are one of the topmost ranking web designers in Mumbai. Please give us a call: +91 9987053623