How could websites possibly keep up with millions of monitors out there?
Responsive web design.
Through adaptive website design, the website (and its pages) will evolve and deliver the best user experience, whether it’s on your computer, mobile, tablet or smartphone. But, in order for this to happen, the website needs a responsive design.
But what’s the adaptive web design, and how does it work?
What is responsive web design?
Responsive web design defines a web design strategy that enables websites or blogs to view (and show) on all screens or screen sizes by automatically adjusting to the computer, whether it’s a desktop, mobile, tablet or smartphone.
How is reactive web design working?
Responsive web design works through Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) using a variety of settings to serve different style properties depending on the size, orientation, resolution, color capability and other characteristics of the user’s device.A few instances of CSS assets relevant to sensitive web design include viewport and media queries.
Is my website responsive?
You will easily see whether the website is open or not in your web browser.
- Open Google Chrome
- Go to your website
- Press Ctrl + Shift + I to open Chrome DevTools
- Press Ctrl + Shift + M to toggle the device toolbar
- View your page from a mobile, tablet, or desktop perspective
You can also use a free tool, such as the Google Mobile-Friendly Review, to see if the sites on your website are mobile-friendly. Although mobile-friendliness can be accomplished with other development methods, such as agile architecture, responsive web design is the most prevalent because of its advantages.
How responsive web design is essential for web designers and business owners
Responsive web design relieves web designers, user interface designers and web developers from operating day and night to create websites for every single device in life. It also makes life easier for business owners, retailers, and advertisers.
Here are a few benefits:
- One site for every device: Whether displayed on a 27-inch iMac with a mobile link or on the monitor on the Android phone, the website would be optimized to the better viewing experience of the user.
- Optimal design for the device: With the responsive web design strategy, all images, fonts, and other HTML features will be sized accordingly, optimizing the screen size of the client.
- No need for redirects: Other options for designing multiple devices require the use of redirects to send the user to the appropriate version of the web page. Without the need for redirects, the user can access the content that he or she wants to view as quickly as possible.
Responsive web design is also successful from a cost point of view. It’s better for you to handle, too, because it’s one page versus two. Additional improvements don’t have to be made. You can function from and modify a single website instead.
Learn more about responsive web design
Would you like to learn more about responsive web design? Check out the following helpful resources:
- The Elements of Responsive Web Design
- Why Responsive Web Design Is a Must
- Tips for Making Your Website Responsive
Thank you so much for reading!
If you are searching for some professional assistance when it comes to making your website accessible, INNOVINS will support it. We provide comprehensive web design and development products, with more than 1000 sites released.
Do you have a website development and website design requirement or mobile application development requirement? Contact Innovins, as we are one of the topmost ranking web designers in Mumbai. Please give us a call: +91 9987053623