E-learning has emerged as a big opportunity for educators, and E-learning mobile apps are disrupting the traditional model of learning across the globe. This article will help you understand E-learning apps and the factors considered for developing one for your abode of learning.
What is the Need for an E-learning mobile app?
- E-learning apps have great earning potential, a report published on Forbes suggests that the Global E-learning market will touch $325 billion by 2025.
- The Indian E-learning startup Byju’s is estimated to be $5.5 billion.
- According to a report, 171 million people could be lifted out of poverty if they could acquire necessary reading skills. Around 57 million children are deprived of primary education around the world. E-learning could be utilized to provide these people with cost-effective learning solutions.
Which features should be included in your E-learning app?
Some basic features required in the educational mobile app accessible to various user roles:
Features for Student or Learners in E-learning App
- Easy user integration with easy registration and easy profile management
- Ease of searching and choosing the subject/course
- Clarity regarding subscription plan
- Search function to select the tutors
- Quiz module for testing knowledge
- Learners should be able to post questions and get answers from tutors
- Include Mock tests which allow the learners to assess their ability
- Users should be able to pay quickly for courses in which they are interested.
- Learners should receive alerts regarding classes and response from tutors for their doubts posted
- Learners should be able to chat with tutors to clear their doubts
- Learners should be able to track their progress and performance through a personalized report generated. As an extended feature, the functionality to aid them in identifying repetitive mistakes can also be added.
Features for Tutors in E-learning App
- Tutors can register and manage their account details
- Tutors should be able to modify and upload the content easily
- Tutors can receive notifications regarding questions posed by students and clear their doubts
- Tutors can teach in real-time, and a screen switching mode should be made available in the app so that they can switch from laptop to whiteboard as per the requirement of the study material. For instance, Photoshop cannot be taught on a whiteboard; it needs access to the tutor’s laptop screen.
- Tutors should be able to receive payment from students/ your company quickly.
- Tutors should receive alerts regarding questions asked by students or parents
- Tutors should be able to chat with students and parents
Features for Parents in E-learning App (Applicable in some instances for students)
- Student’s Progress tracking
- Student’s Attendance tracking
- Student’s Performance tracking
- In-app chat with tutors regarding the student
- Check assessments of the student
- Manage course subscription for the students and in-app payment feature
- Get alerts from tutors and admin
Features for Super Admin panel in E-learning App
- Admin should be able to manage learning sessions
- Admin can manage subjects for various courses
- Admin can manage subscription packages and credits for users
- Admin can manage badges
- Manage tutor payment based on the decided terms of remuneration
- Manage Users and their roles
- Manage and monitor the chats and discussion forum if provided
- Manage Student Information System
- Manage questions and notifications to ensure it reaches the right audience
- Manage the content uploaded by tutors or upload the various forms of content through the CMS integrated
The E-learning app development team generally consists of
- A Project manager
- UI/UX designers (1 for the basic app, 2-3 for a complex one)
- Team leaders (1 for the basic app, 3-4 for a complex one)
- Programmers (2-3 for the basic app, 5-6 for a complex one)
- Quality analysts (1 for basic app 2-3 for a complex one)
How costly is it to develop an E-learning app?
The cost of developing an E-learning app depends on various factors like:-
- The complexity of the app
- The number of features you want to integrate into your app.
- Whether Native or hybrid app and other factors related to app development.
- Depends on the number of third-party APIs that are to be integrated
- In India, it will cost you 2lacs – 4lacs.